POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : font problems : Re: font problems Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: font problems
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 13 Feb 2000 00:40:01
Message: <38A644FD.943B00C7@geocities.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <38a6203e@news.povray.org> , "Thorsten Froehlich"
> <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>
> > The original design of TrueType fonts was done by Adobe, not Apple.
>
> Before you flame me for it, Apple designed TrueType to be a free Adobe
> PostScript font file format replacement.
>
>       Thorsten

OK. Just ignore that line in my other response. I had written it before
dinner and such and just got a chance to get it sent just before reading
this. (I was still trying not to flame in there, just pointed out the
actual person at Apple to created TrueType. Gotta give credit there for
some good 1987-1989 work, even though it took Apple 'till into '91 to
release it)

But I still feel the old Apple cmap tatic was bad, but I think this was
mainly in the old 'Scully-Apple'. The new 'Jobs again Apple' seems to
have been correcting most of the problems.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.