POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : font problems : Re: font problems Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: font problems
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 11 Feb 2000 03:43:30
Message: <38A3CCC5.7F6F2B53@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> "Jon A. Cruz" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried it with different fonts?
>
>    I was going to suggest the same thing but knowing that our resident
> POV-Ray font expert was going to come along and suggest something more
> elegant I held off. That will teach me :)

Oh, well if I knew I held that title, I'd have gone ahead and blamed it on
horrible Apple Mac TTF fonts. They sure are ugly beasties.

But it could be because POV-Ray is looking for the Apple support only. Or
the more likely case that it is using a cmap with encoding type 6, which is
broken in the standard POV. Once Dan lets us know more details on his
problems, it will all come clearer.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.