POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : cmedit.dll : Re: cmedit.dll Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:50:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmedit.dll
From: Pabs
Date: 10 Feb 2000 22:21:34
Message: <38A3802C.DE9A9984@hotmail.com>
Ken wrote:

> Ron Parker wrote:
>
> >The reason I ask is:
> >>1 - To be able to add syntax highlighting for new keywords such as "photons"
> >>& "noise3d" etc. would be useful.
> >
> > I wouldn't spend much time on this.  Syntax highlighting will almost certainly
> >be handled differently in 3.5.

good - you could read this at runtime from a text/binary file instead of having an
unchanging struct in cmedit.dll or have the struct in the POV-Ray src so that
patches can use proper syntax highlighting for their new keywords.
When will 3.5 be out by the way. 8-)

> >It was there in the 3.1e version of the source; if it's missing from the
> >3.1g source, it must be an oversight.  I'll email it to you if you'd like.

I only have the 3.1a source - it's the only verson downloadable from the ftp site -
as indicated by ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Windows/README
I QUOTE "NOTE! The source code is still at v3.1a. It's not the source for 3.1g."
anyways I would like that file - please e-mail it to me.

> Many may not know, or care, but the CodeMax editor that is used with
> the Windows version of POV-Ray was generously donated by it's author
> as a custom version of a commercial program. Since this author expects
> to make money from the sales of his commercial version he does not want
> the general public having the ability to modify and redistribute it
> without his direct control. Any feature changes to the editor then will
> have to be done by the POV-Team in co-operation with of the original author.

I was talking about cmedit.dll not CMAX101.dll,  the latter being the CodeMax
control code and the former being the POV-Ray support code for the CodeMax control &
therefore I would not and connot even see the src for the donated version, therefore
there is no danger of profit loss.  And I do know AND care.

> >    duplicate the scene from the global Frame & opts structs into another pair
> >of Frame & opts structs (specific to the current scene) - in progress
>
> Careful.  There's a lot more to POV's current state than what you see in the
> frame and opts structs.

Oh really what else ?
I know there is a variable called filename but I am not that deep in the src to know
much more. (No need to answer this if you don't have the time)

> Also, everything will change in this regard with 3.5.

Damn - well I suppose everything in my version will have to change as well - I hope
I can finish my patch before 3.5 comes out 8-)

Pabs
Bye