POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro Initialization? : Re: Macro Initialization? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro Initialization?
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 10 Feb 2000 20:40:30
Message: <38A36961.4FE3809@mailbag.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> Ahem, that past tense is a myth last that I cared to check. It follows
> the conjugation of "sit" because they are somewhat related, but it
> could as well have preferred the "fit" way. It's a made-up thing
> afaik.

Since it derives from Old English, and most of the similar verbs derived
from Old English ("sit" and "spit") are strong verbs, it's entirely
logical that it follow the same pattern.  I don't have an OED, and none
of my Old English textbooks have the word, but I don't have the Old
English leechcraft book (the one place I'd expect it), so I'm not
entirely surprised I can't find it.  If I really, really wanted to, I
might be able to look it up at the friendly neighborhood reference
library.

-Mark Gordon