POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : cmedit.dll : Re: cmedit.dll Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:47:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmedit.dll
From: Ken
Date: 8 Feb 2000 11:06:05
Message: <38A03EA6.3AAA40F9@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> >The reason I ask is:
> >1 - To be able to add syntax highlighting for new keywords such as "photons"
> >& "noise3d" etc. would be useful.
>
> I wouldn't spend much time on this.  Syntax highlighting will almost certainly
> be handled differently in 3.5.

 Many may not know, or care, but the CodeMax editor that is used with
the Windows version of POV-Ray was generously donated by it's author
as a custom version of a commercial program. Since this author expects
to make money from the sales of his commercial version he does not want
the general public having the ability to modify and redistribute it
without his direct control. Any feature changes to the editor then will
have to be done by the POV-Team in co-operation with of the original
author.