POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) : Re: MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:44:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Feb 2000 11:17:42
Message: <389858a6@news.povray.org>
In article <3898259f@news.povray.org> , "Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:

> But I don't understand it... What does it do? Why didn't I have to add
> anything in MegaPov 0.3?

The reason is simple: There have been several occasions when (new) users
tried to use unofficial features in the official version (i.e. isosurfaces)
from some POV scene code they got on the web or here in the newsgroups.
In general it is hard for (new) users who do not know which feature is
official and which is part of an unofficial version only to identify such a
problem.  Adding "#version unofficial" will on the one hand make the current
official version issue an error that "unofficial" is an undeclared
identifier with "#version unofficial <----ERROR", and future official
versions will issue a more helpful and explicit error message.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.