POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) : Re: A trivial #version conundrum Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A trivial #version conundrum
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 1 Feb 2000 18:43:16
Message: <38976F6A.B353B8DA@enter.net>
Welcome back, Nathan,

Nathan Kopp wrote:
> The default should be 3.1.  Do you have Version=3.0 in an ini file
> somewhere?  Otherwise, it might be a round-off error.

Ok, it seems the general consensus is round-off error. Just
to confirm: I've looked in all the INI files and found no older
"Version=" statements, including the "root" POVRAY.INI (which
contains no Version statement at all), so effectively if I pull
the Version=3.1 out of my INI file, it should be the equivalent
of telling POV nothing at all about version.

> Just "#version 3.1;" will work.  The word "official" will disable the
> unofficial features, but if you don't use the word "official", then the
> unofficial features will remain activated.

Aha! I wondered what was up with the new keywords in the #version.
Not sure why anyone would want to disable the unofficial features
when the whole point of having an unoffical compile is playing with
the unofficial features <vbg> but I see what you're getting at. :)
Thanks.

Charles