POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) : Re: A trivial #version conundrum Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A trivial #version conundrum
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Feb 2000 15:47:17
Message: <38974655@news.povray.org>
Charles Fusner <cfu### [at] enternet> wrote...
> While I'm on the subject, I'll mention here for the benefit of
> anyone else who doesn't bother putting Version=3.1 in their INI
> files (like me, duh!), if you don't tell MegaPOV anything going
> in, it apparently automatically sets itself for version 3.00 which
> of course kills the #macro directive.

The default should be 3.1.  Do you have Version=3.0 in an ini file
somewhere?  Otherwise, it might be a round-off error.

> For some reason, setting ...
>
> #version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;"
>
> ...won't change this behaviour even though setting...
>
> "#version official 3.1;"

Just "#version 3.1;" will work.  The word "official" will disable the
unofficial features, but if you don't use the word "official", then the
unofficial features will remain activated.

-Nathan