POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.4 Now Available (Windows/Macintosh) : Re: A trivial #version conundrum Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:48:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A trivial #version conundrum
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Jan 2000 19:43:30
Message: <38962c32@news.povray.org>
In article <3896214F.9BBB720D@enter.net> , Charles Fusner
<cfu### [at] enternet>  wrote:

>> It still sets itself to 3.1, so this is either a bug (or a precision
>> problem).
>
> The only way I can reliably reproduce the behaviour is to yank
> "Version=3.1" from my INI file, and since I would think the parser
> would naturally assume version 3.1 until told otherwise, I'm
> inclined to agree its a bug. A very very tiny one with an easy
> workaround though, so I'm just observing, not complaining.

The parser sets 3.1 but sometimes precision comes in the way and a compiler
stores (= presets) 3.1 as 3.09999999.  The code correctly initialises to 3.1
so that is the likely cause as this has also been a problem with certain
compiler settings for the official 3.1, at least on Macs.

       Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.