POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Q: Macro tutorial? : Re: Q: Macro tutorial? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 08:47:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Macro tutorial?
From: Børge Berg-Olsen
Date: 31 Jan 2000 16:46:05
Message: <38960220.69C3F824@dod.no>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> : Was wondering if there is a macro tutorial out there somewhere,
> : something else than the scene-language description of the povray
> : documentation.
>
>   What do you mean by macro tutorial?

Sorry for not being specific enough. I want to learn how to use and make
functions for automating tedious tasks in povray.

I've read the thread and will look up Jerry's page with the basic
tutorial.

>   When you say "macro", do you mean how to use the #macro feature of POV-Ray,
> or do you mean how to make throughoutly useful include files?

Both, actually ;-)

> (I think that
> the term "macro" is widely used to refer to any pov-script utility although
> it may not use any #macro declaration.)

Well, true ... my question was ambigous, sorry again.

  +47 90 62 71 78        DoD#2101, NIC#015, Ducati M600, PJ#006, OGM#007
  azo### [at] dodno, "Do one thing every day that scares you." --Mary Schmich