POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 30 Jan 2000 10:29:34
Message: <38944fe3.74891946@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:31:55 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

[snip]

>  For those who might be interested we have begun talking amongst
>ourselves about adding other resources like this one to povray.org.
>We have not yet decided what we will offer or even obtained permission
>from the POV-Team to offer any more than the texture library but we
>will be working on it after the new texture library goes on line.
>
>Some ideas I personaly have had are:
>
>Texture    Library
>Object     Library
>Macro      Library
>Isosurface Library
>Turorial   Library
>Document   Library
>
>  We might offer these resources from a web page that we will call the
>TAG home page. Then the seperate libraries will be accessed from there.
>Again we have nothing concrete on this yet and even if we do add these
>it will be in stages as we get time and permission to work on them.

Sounds good to me. Very good.

As for textures, I'd have to go with the majority views I've read so
far (need searching, more interesting textures, yadda yadda) and
confirm tha tI too am pretty dire at texture design. However, the one
texture I've made that I'm happy with (and any future ones) the group
is welcome to (it's a "vortex swirly thing" texture that changes with
the clock. Scaling and shape of "tube" it's applied to would
definately have a distinct affect on how well the texture "comes
out").

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/