POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: SHADERS: Please make POVRAY support Plugins SHADERS in the future release : Re: SHADERS: Please make POVRAY support Plugins SHADERS in the future release Server Time
13 Aug 2024 14:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SHADERS: Please make POVRAY support Plugins SHADERS in the future release
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jan 2000 09:40:36
Message: <38944D52.ACF1AB83@pacbell.net>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Oh, I forgot:
> All my previous message was about surface (one can say pigment/texture)
> shader. Is there interest in displacement shader? If there is, then I
> would appreciate links/hints, how this should be implemented (in
> unofficial.patches perhaps).

I am glad to here that someone is working on it even if it is a basic
implementation. While you are working on it and you need advice I
suggest you take your questions to the povray.programming group. The
unofficial.patches group is more for when you actually have a working
model and you need feedback on it from people trying it out for you.
Right now you need programming specific issues resolved and .programming
is ideal for this purpose.

Cheers and good luck,