POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where? : Re: Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Tools and Image Converters for Linux, Where?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jan 2000 01:22:33
Message: <3893d8a9@news.povray.org>
I use PSP or IrfanView to batch convert images, MS VidEdit for Avi encoding and
CMpeg for Mpeg encoding.  The only commercial program I have for animations is
VideoWave II, but it's very slow in putting the images together.  So those 4
programs are really all I ever need and I only paid about 50$ for Paint Shop
Pro.  It can be limiting and not great output, I just don't need anything
better, for now anyway.
PSP is at www.jasc.com
IrfanView is at http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
MS VidEdit is at
http://www.sumrallworks.com/freebies/buttonhole/multimedia/avi/editor.htm
CMpeg is at ftp://ftp.crs4.it/mpeg/programs/cmpeg10.zip
The cmpeg Windows GUI front-end by Alexander Stols (Sander) is at
http://stols.net/
and there's also a tga to agif at http://members.xoom.com/amcfarlane/

You'd be well to get IrfanView and Cmpeg (and it's frontend) at the very least,
and VidEdit to put together Avi.

Bob

news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...