POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question : Re: Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question
From: David Fontaine
Date: 28 Jan 2000 19:32:57
Message: <38923247.3F463500@faricy.net>
> Image map (using entire museum image) which uses a inner and outer area for each
> picture?  Except your museum doesn't have the "paintings" aligned well for that.
> Unless you were to use circle instead of rectangle and figured them as a sort of
> target area and not exact dimensions.  At least that way if you were to click on
> a central part of each picture then it could take the browser to the picture
> itself, and clicking on the immediate surrounding area (corners, frame region)
> would take you to the gallery.  Not sure what Netscape thinks of those internal
> selection zones, believe it did alright, IE 4 and 5 seem okay with them.
> Don't ask me about netiquette, something I know very little about.

I used 'polygon', of course! Can you make overlapping areas, or would I need a
compound definition of surrounding area? I was thinking of this, but I figured it
would be overly complex to have "click in the general vicinity of person's artwork
to go to his/her website". Maybe if I inserted name plates or something and made
them link to the gallery... or maybe a page opens up at my site that loads the image
from the other person's site in which there is also a link to their gallery...

--
Homepage: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/
 | \     |_       <dav### [at] faricynet>
 |_/avid |ontaine      <ICQ 55354965>