POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question : Re: Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linked POV-museum page is up and a java question
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 28 Jan 2000 05:19:56
Message: <38916d4c@news.povray.org>
Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message

> I'd think it would be a good idea to leave the status bar alone. It's
> not as bad as the <BLINK> tag, but some consider it close.

I agree! I often take a look at the status bar when the mouse is over the
link to see where the link leads to. If the link is an image for example
(like in your gallery), I like to see if the linked object is a HTML page
that contains the image, or if it is the image directly. That sort of stuff.
And I just hate it if I can't see this information, because the page chooses
to overwrite the statusbar with some own information.
I agree with Jon's other post: Use the ALT-attribute of the link tag for
your information. Then the user will see your information in a small
tool-tip bubble while the mouse pointer rests over the link.

Greetings,
Johannes.