POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animatenewbie : Re: animatenewbie Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animatenewbie
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jan 2000 00:01:38
Message: <389122b2@news.povray.org>
In it's simplest form all you do is add the keyword 'clock' to any variable or
float or vector you might have, whether it be in a color, scale, rotate (in
degrees), translate, color map index, etc. etc.; then use a *.ini file as the
guide for the output frames, something like:

Output_File_Type=T
Output_File_Name=C:\POVanim\Create\
Width=160
Height=120
Antialias_Threshold=0.3
Antialias_Depth=3
Sampling_Method=1
Jitter=0.0
Antialias=On
Initial_Frame=0
Final_Frame=99
;Subset_Start_Frame=25
;Subset_End_Frame=50
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1
Cyclic_Animation=On

There have been many other ways of doing animation, one of the best known is
probably Chris Colefax's clock modifier include:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/
And a tutorial page concerning it:
http://www.puzzlecraft.com/cm/ClockMod.html

Bob