POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can this be done with MegaPOV? : Re: Can this be done with MegaPOV? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can this be done with MegaPOV?
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 27 Jan 2000 09:23:01
Message: <389054D3.8FB633D2@atos-group.com>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi POV-gurus,
>
> A Moray user asked me whether it was possible to create the following
> effect:
>
> he wants to create a scene with a floor and a number of reflecting
> objects. The objects should not reflect the floor, however, they
> should only reflect each other. Is this at all possible? I pretty much
> assume it's impossible with the official 3.1, so I'm wondering whether
> MegaPOV or SuperPatch or any other patches would allow this.

Have a look at the NO_REFLECTION / NO_IMAGE patch
 (seems to be in MegaPov).

 I would simply apply NO_REFLECTION to the floor object.

The main advantage is that it does not perturb the bounding tree
(And unless NO_SHADOW is also speficied, you will get a shadow for
the floor, if you have any light that make the floor cast one
 [semi-transparent floor ??])