POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview : Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:39:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Jan 2000 19:51:22
Message: <388cf38a@news.povray.org>
Yep, seemed to me that older image viewers had troubles mostly.  I haven't seen
a unreadable partial render in quite a while.  I use PSP mostly, IrfanView next.
Picture Publisher, I think it was, had trouble though.
Looking at a incomplete Png file you will see something like:

And it ends with things like this in it which don't show up unless done
rendering:

IDAT
IEND

So obviously there's a EOF (end of file) sort of tag up with the beginning
information, that's my guess, and some image programs don't need that ending
part then.

Bob