POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV domain name abuse? : Re: POV domain name abuse? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV domain name abuse?
From: Fabian Brau
Date: 20 Jan 2000 08:36:23
Message: <3887101B.48736CC0@umh.ac.be>
You are totally right: A work is copyrighted but a name is trademarked
(there also recorded but I don't know anymore the difference :)).
But when you make a trademark for a name, if I remember well, you
much choose some category for your trademark. You can choose all
catergories, in this case nobody can use this name, this is
certainly the case of big company like coca-cola; or you
choose one or more categories (this is cheaper I think!) but
in this case if one use your name in another category you cannot
say something!

Fabian.