POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV domain name abuse? : Re: POV domain name abuse? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV domain name abuse?
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 19 Jan 2000 17:30:26
Message: <38863A1B.36AD8355@t-online.de>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> If you have a trademark, you can enforce it when somebody uses it as a
> name for an organization or product. Let the POV-team (tm) decide about
> it.

Or the other way around: When the infringer is much stronger
than you, he even can legally stop you from using your own name.

At e.g. www.gravenreuth.de there are some (german) lawsuit results
which essentially say "Foo was clearly earlier, bit BigFoo
is much greater and more publicly known, so BigFoo shall win".

I don't know the situation in other countries.

Ralf