POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SSS - just an idea : Re: SSS - just an idea Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSS - just an idea
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Jan 2000 22:06:32
Message: <38852998.1FAAFFF7@xs4all.nl>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:21:06 +0100, Remco de Korte
> <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
>
> > For that you would have to have another way to define a mesh.
>
> Or just add two keywords to the mesh syntax, like:
>
> subdivide <Iterations>
> autosmooth <Angle>

I think the subdivision routine needs the info ordered in another way
then as it is in a simple mesh: one point-list with the coordinates of
all the used points (which eliminated duplicate points) and a
triangle-list with for each triangle three pointers to the point-list.
Or something like that...

Remco