POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tentacle (win9x) : Re: Tentacle (win9x) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tentacle (win9x)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Jan 2000 08:13:32
Message: <38846666.488D5E91@xs4all.nl>
Ken wrote:

> Remco de Korte wrote:
>
> > BTW I have now made quite a lot of savers based on POV-animations.
> If
> > anyone is interested in having his or her animation made into a
> > screensaver somehow contact me (but don't expect TOO much 8]).
>
> What tools are needed to make screen savers from either multiple
> images
> or from animations ?

There are several tools on the market that will create screensavers from
series of images, which means you should also be able to feed them
animations (as sequences).
Most of the screensavers produced that way will play like a slide show,
or show bouncing images. I can't say much more really because I've never
tried them.

> Is it a simple process or is it a very invloved process ?

It is in essence rather simple. A screensaver is not much more then a
graphical program with a few extra provisions to make it work as a
screensaver. The big step is to rename the compiled program from an .EXE
file to a .SCR file.
Of course you can _make_ it very complicated by wanting to do
complicated things. I've often cursed myself for that...

> Just curious.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing
> Links:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html
> http://www.povray.org/links/

Remco