POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free image file converter : Re: Free image file converter Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free image file converter
From: Marjorie Graterol
Date: 17 Jan 2000 21:07:20
Message: <3883cad8@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> I tried Irfanview maybe three years ago - a demo from a shareware CD I
> had purchased. It infuriated me that when I installed it the setup
> program over wrote all of my image file associations in the windows
> registry. It took me forever to get my system straightened out after
> that.

> Does the current version of the program still do this ?

Corel and IrfanView do that.  In Win98, in Windows Explorer, right-click the
name of the file and in Open-With, you can change that behaviour. I also had
the same problem with IrfanView, and with Corel. The Media Indexer in Corel
should be banned from earth.  But what I wanted to say about Irfanview is
that everybody has to be pretty aware of their designing site. This is, I
was very impressed with the new design -which uses a fancy DHTML,  and
clicked on the link- after that, a language change, and then you cannot go
out, especially because the scripts detects a windows user and starts to
write strange words in another language, from which it is only visible the
word micro$oft. It messed with my files in some way. It is not that
important, but very upsetting.

Regards,
Marjorie