POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : clear pigment/media & fog problem : Re: clear pigment/media & fog problem Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: clear pigment/media & fog problem
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 17 Jan 2000 16:11:50
Message: <38838596@news.povray.org>
The problem is with single-surface objects (such as a disc) which have no
inside and outside.  Therefore, once the ray goes through it once, POV will
always think that it is still inside the object.  IMHO, those objects should
be hollow by default.

For an object like a sphere, the ray enters and then exits the object, so
POV realizes that the ray is no longer inside a non-hollow object.

-Nathan

John VanSickle <van### [at] erolscom> wrote...