POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Japanese povray links : Some Japanese povray links Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Some Japanese povray links
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Jan 2000 09:38:52
Message: <38808689.71297A8E@inapg.inra.fr>
Taking the opportunity of the next Japanese povray book, here are a few
links about Japanese povray artists. Most of these galleries are in
japanese, so non-japanese-speaking people will have to do some guessing
and look for words like "Gallery" or "Links" or "Ken Tyler", but it's
worth the investigation. After all the pov-script is international.

Tsutomu (Tom) Higo' Cyberbust Gallery
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/
A must see. It contains a very large number of great math/abstract
renderings, all with the povray source. Tom has added two new galleries
in the past months, one with startling uses of the crackle pigment and
another one with some strange algorithm that makes unusual objects and
patterns.

Shirow's (Shiro Nakayama) Povray studio : a gallery (also with abstract
or near-abstract renderings, ) and various utilities (particularly a
grass macro that makes realistic bunches of grass).
http://www.koganet.or.jp/~sylow/pov/
Just look at this one http://www.koganet.or.jp/~sylow/IMG/facet.jpg
(don't look too close or you won't see nothing !). I can't figure out
how it was done.

Hideki Komuro's page (already in the povray links)
http://www.win.ne.jp/~kom/indexe.html, author of the Japanese povray
books and of several utilities (animation and color management).

Kawashu's (Shuhei Kawachi)' page
http://www.interq.or.jp/blue/kawashu/mainE.html
It contains impressive math stuff, particularly the curves in the
Gallery 3. The include files should be available but for now they aren't
(I'll drop him a mail about this). There are hints and tips though.

Ms. Ehry's page : http://www.remus.dti.ne.jp/~e-ri-/
This one is Japanese only, and non-japanese-speaking people will have to
do a lot of guessing to find the gems, for instance this "drop in water
effect", something I never saw before in pov :
http://www.remus.dti.ne.jp/~e-ri-/suikan.html
The source given returns an error... but I've got a fix for those
interested !

Fukui's Love Earth http://www.aay.mtci.ne.jp/~makfukui/indexn.html
The Pov Tech section contains some examples and tutorials about medias,
textures and objects, all in Japanese but one media tutorial
(http://www.aay.mtci.ne.jp/~makfukui/tech04.html) is clear enough for
non-japanese-speaking people.

G.