POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines
From: omniVERSE
Date: 14 Jan 2000 20:29:19
Message: <387fcd6f@news.povray.org>
Taking the liberty to move this topic over to p.a. group instead of stringing
it out here, in case it does grow a large thread.

  I understand your point, which is why I always try to think of this fact about
not having every codec ever made or betas of new ones or something.
  It's been noted that even Agif isn't altogether the way to go for all
concerned.  Seems Mpeg-1 has never failed anyone so far near as I can tell (I
could be really wrong about that), but the Avi files have an assortment of
possible codecs.  I'd almost think Mov files might be better than Avi since QT
is pretty common but then maybe it uses lots of different codecs too, something
I know nothing about.
  The real dilemma could be that Mpeg encoders aren't as common or as easy to
use as the Avi ones.  This also brings up a problem confronted at AOL where a
few of us POVers are thinking of trying our own mini-movie project and we need a
common ground solution for the frame compilations between all of us.

Bob