POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Could you try it out : freeware 3DMiDi supports POV-Ray : Could you try it out : freeware 3DMiDi supports POV-Ray Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:58:05 EDT (-0400)
  Could you try it out : freeware 3DMiDi supports POV-Ray
From: Marc Cardle
Date: 14 Jan 2000 14:04:58
Message: <387f735a@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have just finished my version 0.3 of 3D MiDi and I thought this might
interest you. 3D MiDi, the first computer software application designed
specifically to transform both live and pre-recorded MIDI data streams
into exciting 3D (OpenGL) graphics.

In version 0.3, I have added support for POV-Ray 3.0 external rendering.
3DMiDi uses POV-Ray to render the scenes it generates into an AVI movie
file. Only simple addon to the POVRay scripting language needs to be
understood in order to generate your own musical animations (for more info
http://www.3dmidi.com/povdoc.htm).

I would appreciate if you could try it out and give me any
feedback/comments/results/scripts. I could put your animation on my site or
link to yours.

If you know someone who might be interested in my program, please forward
this message to them.

You can find out more on http://www.3dmidi.com, where you will
also be able to download a full FREEWARE working version.

Cheers

|Marc Cardle
|Mar### [at] 3dmidicom  - http://www.3dmidi.com

3D MiDi uses OpenGL to transform MIDI files into graphics

3D MiDi is the first application designed specifically to transform both
live and prerecorded MIDI data streams into dynamic 3D (OpenGL) graphics. A
bit like WinAMP but for MIDI files. The graphics are derived directly from
the musical information embedded within a MIDI data stream giving the
performing musician the ability interactively to customize the visualization
of the music being performed, in real-time. You can also save the results to
an AVI or sequenced JPG or PNG or BMP file. It also supports POV-Ray
raytracer for external rendering. Alpha version available for download.