POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outdoor Lighting Tutorial? : Re: Outdoor Lighting Tutorial? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outdoor Lighting Tutorial?
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 13 Jan 2000 20:32:35
Message: <387E753F.BABB6389@enter.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:
> A trick I read somewhere that isn't really realistic but works quite
> nice is to put some extra blue in the light opposite to the main light
> source. It's supposedly what Hollywood does (whatever that is...).

Yes, I remember reading about the making of Riven that is just
about precisely what Cyan did for their outdoor renderings in
Riven: one main light for the sun, then one or two low intensity
blue lights to soften the shadows with simulated atmospheric
diffusion. Seemed to produce very believable sunlit scenes.

Charles