POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : export set of triangles to 3DS : export set of triangles to 3DS Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  export set of triangles to 3DS
From: Micha Riser
Date: 13 Jan 2000 11:06:14
Message: <387DEEE8.7BE333B7@datacomm.ch>
Hallo!
My problem is not quite related to pov, more to 3ds, but I'm a pov user
and I hope you can help my.

I have written some pov-macros which calculate the edge points of
triangle and writes these to an pov include file. Each triangle has a
different color. Now I want pov to write this triangle data into such a
format that it can easily imported by 3DS. What's the easiest way to do
that? I have a program that converts POB, RAW and some other formats to
3DS. But for POB I had to find a parser first. I don't know anything
about the RAW format. Is it possilbe to write the triangles with pov
directly into a 'raw' file?

Thanks for your adivces

-Micha

 email:                      mic### [at] michavirtualavenet
 visit my homepage:          http://micha.virtualave.net
 POVRay Objects Collection:  http://povobjects.virtualave.net