POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Windows shell for DOS CMPEG utility : Re: Windows shell for DOS CMPEG utility Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows shell for DOS CMPEG utility
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 9 Jan 2000 10:47:49
Message: <3878AD20.BCDAB2B0@xs4all.nl>
Sander wrote:

> Isn't there always?
> What do _you_ suggest? Dynamic allocation of space? Or whatever it's
> called?
>  I am just a layman, don't forget!
> --
> Regards,
> Sander

It seems like an 'academic' thing to me.
If the program works, with 256 char strings I think it'd be just fine in
most cases. Going beyond that might be interesting but is it really
relevant. How about POV-Rays output of animation frames? It's still
limited to 8 characters for the file names. It seems to me that that is
more a topic to worry about.
Besides that the maximum length of strings or paths is also depending on
platform as far as I know.

Remco