POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Images? : Re: Background Images? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background Images?
From: Rune
Date: 9 Jan 2000 08:00:33
Message: <38788671@news.povray.org>
Valerie Robbins wrote:
>Is it possible with POV Ray 3.1 to put in a background image.  I know about
>the sky sphere, but I would like to have my objects in the foreground, and
>then a bitmap (or some other graphic format) in the back, like a picture of
>some snowy mountians.  Is this possible without actually modelling the
>mountains?  I know that many software packages have features like this, but
>I'm at a loss to find anything mentioned in the POV documentation on it.

If you're using default perspective camera you can use the sky_sphere
together with my Illusion Include File.

It will basically map the image on the sky_sphere but while a normal
image_map applied to the spherical sky_sphere would be distorted, the
Illusion Include File prevents this.

It's available at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/illusion/illusion.html

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated December 22: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,