POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : newly installed on linux box ... few questions : Re: newly installed on linux box ... few questions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: newly installed on linux box ... few questions
From: Spider
Date: 8 Jan 2000 21:58:19
Message: <3877F262.EDBFE97C@bahnhof.se>
Steve Martin wrote:
Another and IMO easier way would be to use the package screen.

screen -S povray
will create a new 'screen' called 'povray' this is just another shell
basically, in here you start the render, or whatever you want, then
press ctrl+a,d to jump away from that screen.
this can afterwards be resumed(to watch output and other things) by
using screen -r povray
screen is a rather handy lil' prog that i tend to use a lot (either
local or remote computers)

Well, over and out .

--
//Spider    --  [ spider@bahnhof.se ]-[ http://darkmere.wanfear.com/ ]
And the devil in black dress watches over