POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Congrats, and why no OS/2 version listed? : Re: Congrats, and why no OS/2 version listed? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Congrats, and why no OS/2 version listed?
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 8 Jan 2000 14:14:27
Message: <38778CB0.5064A07E@mailbag.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <387752C0.2E5FE2B9@csi.com> , Fernando Cassia <fca### [at] csicom>
> wrote:
>
> > There is an os/2 port of v3.1something in http://hobbes.nmsu.edu,
> > why can't you link to it?. Sorry for having to post this, but I guess
> > amiga and other unix users screamed loud to have their platforms listed
> > too ;).
>
> Amiga and Linux are official versions supported by the POV-Team. As OS/2 is
> not officially supported, it is not listed. It is the same for FreeBSD,
> LinuxPPC, Atari TOS, Irix and millions of other operating systems no
> supported.

VMS and BeOS unofficial ports exist but are also not supported.  I do
provide some limited support for users trying to compile under Unix
versions other than Linux, but without the hardware and the software,
there's only so much I can do.  SunOS support is a little weak at the
moment on account of my not having access to a Sun box.

-Mark Gordon