POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Images? : Re: Background Images? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background Images?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 8 Jan 2000 07:35:13
Message: <38772f01@news.povray.org>
> Lance Birch <lan### [at] usanet> wrote:
> : Wouldn't it be MUCH simpler to use a format that outputs an alpha
channel
> : and open it up in your favourite editor and simply overlay it onto the
> : background image with the alpha channel as the mask?
>
>   Do you call _that_ simple?

It is for me...

Of course if this were MAX I'd just set it up with a background set as
Screen mode with a bitmap mapping type and load the piccy... ;)  hehehe

Seriously though I shouldn't be that difficult to add this kind of
functionality to POV-Ray (not that I could do it, but I'm sure someone with
some good C knowledge could)

--
Lance.
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone