POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The image that characterizes you : Re: The image that characterizes you Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The image that characterizes you
From: Peter Warren
Date: 7 Jan 2000 06:04:06
Message: <3875c826@news.povray.org>
Nieminen,
Great question!
It really had me stumped (ie, got me thinking).
I will go with
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/1117/largeglass.html

It is my version of the lower half of Marcel Duchamp's [French 'painter']
"The Bride Stripped Bare by Her Bachelors, Even".

Now you have put the idea in my head to do a self-portrait
and I am angry with you because I do not need another project:)

BTW I remember when you were working on that image. There was a discussion
about which version was 'better'. In focus or not. I like this one.

Re: Jeff
It seems like ages ago that I downloaded this image. I looked at the source
of the book textures for hours. Definately in my personal HOF.

Re: Greg
I like your web site suggestion. Congradulations on going with a
realistic person. From what I have seen of your work I think you have the
technical expertiece to pull it off.

Re: Mike
I don't know about Gentleman of Leisure but I sure have felt like an insect
sometimes.

Re: TonyB
Good answer, but please link to the image. The monk is very cool.

Re: Bob
I had forgotten about this picture. I remember being jealous of the hat.
I can't believe it is Pov.

Once again I have all you guys to thank for having to spend another tomorrow
with one eye shut. Luckily as I grow older I need less of that sleep stuff.

Peter