POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To Whom May Be Concerned : Re: To Whom May Be Concerned Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Whom May Be Concerned
From: Peter Warren
Date: 7 Jan 2000 04:14:42
Message: <3875ae82@news.povray.org>
Hi Ryan,

First let me say these are my opinions. I'm just a regular
Pov user, like yourself, maybe a little older. I've noticed
in some of your posts in p.b.i your concern with this issue.
My first thought is to want to say: Relax, it will work out.
Any version of Pov you use will give you new insite and experience.

I have been using Povray for Windows since it was first released
and I was lucky enough to stumble across it. It truly is a
wonderful and magnificent program. We all have many people to
thank for it's existence.

Over the years there have been a number of patched versions released.
Some for fairly specific things and others which were very
ambitious. I tried out all of them, if there was a executable supplied.

Some did things that I really wanted to use all the time and others
which I used in specific images created to exploit whatever feature
they had.

But, I always went back to the official version.
Now with MegaPov I find myself using it (MegaPov) for everything.
Nathan has done an incredible job in releasing this.
You can tell from the documentation and web site that this
is a serious endeavor. But, most importantly you can tell
from MegaPov itself. As I said I have been using MegaPov
(Version 0.3) since it's release and have had no problems
whatsoever.

Of course it is a personal decision. I looked at your examples
and can see your frustration. Last night I was rendering some
smoke and until I put in method 2 I wasn't happy. For me there
is no turning back.

As to what will be in the next Official Version I have learned
that patience is the most important thing to develop.
Just know that these incredibly talented and giving people
are out there doing their work. I try not to expect too much,
that way I am pleasantly surprised.

And again, Mega or Official, it's all Pov to me!

Hope this helps, I'm back to my smoke and ice.

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom