POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Utilities : Re: Animation Utilities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Utilities
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 3 Jan 2000 08:25:50
Message: <3870CD89.B5750CA1@ij.net>
Slime wrote:

> I'm trying to create a rather lengthy animation - like maybe five minutes or
> longer.

    With lots of AA and 320x240 IRTC animation standard on render that should be
20-25Meg abnd 2-3Gigs of scene files. You are running Linux, right? If not how
do you keep the machine running that long?

> The problem is I'm low on disk space, so it would be easiest if I
> could create one part of the animation at a time, making video files of each
> part independantly, and then at the end, making a large video from the
> multiple small videos.  SO... does anyone know of a (free, hopefully)
> utility that can make videos out of other videos?  MPEG encoding would be
> desired, I guess.

    It is on the current 25 most recent links page of povray.org.  But
seriously, go price a D: drive these days. Or a CDRW drive even. I just saw 26G
for $169 as a hard drive. ROM burners are as cheap and $1.50 a blank the most
you can pay for them at 640M each.

    Storage upgrading is now on the order of a good night on the town or five
weeks allowance or simply access to a buddy with the hardware to do it for you.