POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with random object placement : Re: Help with random object placement Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with random object placement
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 31 Dec 1999 23:26:18
Message: <386d81ea@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote :

> Hmm, make sure to check for 1 diameter(double the radius) instead of the
> radius. This can be easy to miss.

    <chuckle> I did actually miss this to begin with, but it was the first
thing I fixed. I haven't really put that much time into it yet, and I
usually need solid blocks of time to get anything right. I am too scattered
to keep track of where I was otherwise.

    Basically I am building an array in a loop, and inside the loop I
re-check the previous entries and keep choosing new values until I get one
that doesn't match any of the previous ones... should be simple enough, I
have done the same thing before in making card games in BASIC and C... I
just need to sit down and work on it till it's fixed...