POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Colefax's AutoClock macro : Re: Colefax's AutoClock macro Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colefax's AutoClock macro
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 29 Dec 1999 21:03:18
Message: <386abd66@news.povray.org>
Wayne Gordon <way### [at] flashnet> wrote:
> I'm having a frustrating problem with the AutoClck.mcr file.
> I'm attempting to do a little character animation and want to use
> the macros to animate the character's mouth, eyes, etc.
>
> The file works fine by itself, and the AutoClck file does
> fine when rendering the test animations Chris provides in the
> package. However, when I use the macro file to animate my
> character, it gives me an error on line 60 of the mcr file...
>
> object or directive expected but + found instead.
>
> I've tried to reach Mr. Colefax via email, but Geocities
> keeps spitting my messages back...I hope either he sees
> this or perhaps someone who can help.
> I'm stumped. The files are attached.

Due to the behaviour of POV-Ray macros you cannot use the syntax you've
tried, ie. #declare [variable] = From (...) To (...) To (...).  To get
around this I've included the Declare_From (), Declare_To (), etc. macros,
eg:

   #declare lid_angle = <55, 0, 0>;
   Declare_From (lid_angle, .25)
   Using ( "J", 1, 1, "")
   Declare_To (lid_angle, .75, <15, 0, 0>)

Since writing the macros, however, I discovered it is possible to use the
original macros (with less typing involved!) simply be enclosing the
declared statement in brackets, ie.

   #declare lid_angle = (
   From (.25, <55, 0, 0>)
   Using ( "J", 1, 1, "")
   To (.75, <15, 0, 0>)
   );

Changing your statements to include the brackets should let you use
everything as planned...