POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm looking for a program... : Re: I'm looking for a program... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm looking for a program...
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 29 Dec 1999 10:57:51
Message: <386A2F12.CCF8893D@xs4all.nl>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> Aww, come on.  Isn't my idea legitimate?  Couldn't you do this with
> less fuss in
> setting up a new image size in povray than in finding and installing a
> new
> program??????

Well, I found it the easiest to write a little utility that does it AND
some thingy things more and I wouldn't have wanted to find out how to do
that with POV-Ray, because I think, although it is possible, POV-Ray
isn't really the best program for that. The advantage of something like
the program Ron mentioned is that you can also use it without POV (ins't
it?) and that it probably has some extra functionality.
Which, of course, doesn't mean your idea is legitimate and actually I
thought it was quite ingenious (is that a word?).

Remco