POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to animate "look_at"? : Re: How to animate "look_at"? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to animate "look_at"?
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 28 Dec 1999 19:05:31
Message: <3869504b@news.povray.org>
Kynk wrote:
> I'm new to POV-Ray animation. The first problem I met concearns the camera
> modifier "look_at". Is it possible to animate it?
> I tried to use the following instructions:
>
> look_at
>     From (0, <-56, -34, 1>)
>     Using ("", 1, 1,"")
>     To (0.5, <-56, -34, 1>)
>     Using ("A", 0.8, 1,"")
>     To (1, <-1068, -34, 1>)
>
> but POV-Ray doesn't recognize it.
>
> Where was I wrong?

The syntax you've shown is that which I created for my Automatic Clock
Modifier macro file.  This means the From (), To (), and Using () statements
are not internal to POV-Ray, but functions added by including my macro file.
Therefore, to use this syntax you must first include the macro file
(presuming you have downloaded it from http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax and
installed it properly):

   #include "autoclck.mcr" // Before any animation statements!

Having done that you can animate the scene using INI file or command line
settings, and your camera should indeed look at <-56, -34, 1> for the first
half of the animation before accelerating to <-1068, -34, 1>.