POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Have Beer, Need Help! : Re: Have Beer, Need Help! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have Beer, Need Help!
From: omniVERSE
Date: 28 Dec 1999 12:45:25
Message: <3868f735@news.povray.org>
I got to thinking about this problem with filtered (or transmited) fog and
it occured to me that what is happening is that it might get added as many
times as there are those planes of cloud texture.  So I checked and sure
enough it is, apparently.  If you have to use the filter in fog then
decrease the amount proportionally to the number of planes, in this case 40
of them so 1/40.
The drawback is that it will get done that way on other singular objects too
making for a less filtering on everything else (remember, filter includes
the color more the higher it is, unlike transmit).
This could be what was deduced earlier when it was a topic before.
Oh, and you can use a 'max_trace_level' of 1 more then the number of
'planes' too.
I needed to drop the sea 'interior' statement to get a tiny 80x60 res.
render done in 1 and a half minutes on this 500MHz PC.  So that's the next
thing to work on I guess, not sure why it was so much faster before when it
didn't work right  ;-)

Bob