POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Feature suggestion -- Wireframes : Re: Feature suggestion -- Wireframes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature suggestion -- Wireframes
From: Steve Martin
Date: 27 Dec 1999 19:46:08
Message: <38680817.C894CE0A@usit.net>
> calculations, but I'd like to see a mode where it just
> renders wireframes of the objects involved.

Thanks to everyone who responded to the above. It appears
that I was laboring under misinformation, that POV-Ray
breaks objects down into triangles before it renders.
If that were true, it would in fact probably (at least
it seems to me) be easier to render the wireframes than
it would be to render the shaded triangles; just draw
the edges with solid lines. However, my information
being obviously incorrect, I concur that this would be
something that would be unworkable to implement.

Back to the drawing board...