POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Feature suggestion -- Wireframes : Re: Feature suggestion -- Wireframes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature suggestion -- Wireframes
From: Ken
Date: 27 Dec 1999 08:33:51
Message: <38676BCB.A72EF532@pacbell.net>
Steve Martin wrote:

> If this is not already under consideration for the next version
> of POV-Ray, I'd like to suggest that it be considered for
> inclusion in the next version. Thanks.

This subject comes up from time to time and it is considered not something
that would be easy to implement because of the way objects are represented
internaly in the rendering engine - rather they are not represented at all
since they are mostly mathematical constructs that are rendered to screen.
As I understand it about the only Pov primitives that it would be possible
with would be bicubic patches, height fields, and triangle meshes. To make
this possible in POV-Ray for all objects you would have to add the ability
to intenaly represent all objects as a triangle mesh object.  POV-Ray is a
rendering program and not a modelling program.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings and A Happy New Millennium !