POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Accurate water? : Accurate water? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Accurate water?
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 23 Dec 1999 18:15:18
Message: <3862AD9B.312003C2@unforgettable.com>
Dunno if this has been asked before, but...

Does anyone out there know if POV-Ray is capable of producing
mathematically accurate water? With the stuff in the MegaPatch, there
would seem to be enough tricks to do it (with the exception of some
better "wave" normals, but an isosurface might be better for that
anyway.. I don't know), but I don't know if there's something missing,
or what the numbers would be.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/