POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray to QuickTime VR? : Re: POV-Ray to QuickTime VR? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray to QuickTime VR?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Dec 1999 14:19:32
Message: <386275c4@news.povray.org>
In article <385EFC77.CE6F76C5@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:
> Jeff Lee wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone (Ken?) know if there's software that will run on an Intel
>> platform (DOS, Windows, Linux, OS/2) which can create QuickTime VR
>> files?  Preferably freeware/shareware (or commercial software that
>> doesn't cost an arm and a leg)?
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet        http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/
>
> It's not something I am very familiar with. You might want to poke around
> Bob Crispen's site - http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/
>
> He might have some info as he is our resident VRML guy. Other than that
> Thorsten probably can help you once he sees this message.

Well, I am not sure if I really can.  I am not aware of any QT VR generator
for Windows. However, Apple makes most of the simple converters for Mac OS
QT available as sample code. A talented Windows programmer could surely port
it to Windows. Except for that I have no suggestions, sorry :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde