POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes? : Re: Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes? Server Time
3 May 2024 19:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes?
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 23 Dec 1999 04:37:33
Message: <3861ed5d@news.povray.org>
Hi

I have made wings of hand coded bicubic patches and once I got the hang of
it it wasn't too slow.

But you can make most things using simple primitives and csg.

Have a look at the IRTC entries and the code submitted with them you can
learn a huge amount from that.

These newsgroups are also a wonderful source of ideas, tips and info.

Finally, try SPatch, Uncle Ken will give you the URL, mind you I'm not sure
if it'll work on Linux.

Mick

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
 Please visit my web site at:-
       http://www.minda.swinternet.co.uk/index.htm