POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes? : Re: Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes? Server Time
3 May 2024 14:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Tutorials on hand-made scenes?
From: Bob Crispen
Date: 22 Dec 1999 19:01:27
Message: <386165F0.DAABA73D@hiwaay.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   I think that you should forget bicubic patches for now and concentrate
> on the other primitives. Bicubic patches are not intended to be created
> by hand (and I don't know of anyone who is able to do it).

I don't even know anybody who's able to make non-trivial
meshes with smooth_triangles.  However, while it's really
difficult for people to build bicubic patches and smooth_
triangles, it's really easy for modelers to make them, while
it's really hard for modelers to generate some of the other
primitives (at least to do it well).

Stick with the things that are easy for people.  There's
*plenty* of them in POVRay.
--
Bob Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net