POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : drool.... : Re: drool.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: drool....
From: Sven-Erik Andersen
Date: 18 Dec 1999 10:59:39
Message: <385bace3.164630215@204.213.191.228>
On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:20:32 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>  I have known about this site for almost a year now and we have
>discussed it on more than one occassion. It would be nice if it
>had an architecture with built om programming that supported
>POV-Ray directly.

 I read about it in the UK computer-mag 'Personal Computer World'
(their January 2000 issue), and in the interview, Daniel Hall, one of
the founders, says:

  "We are essentially the camera of the animation process.
    We want every application to drive that camera."

So maybe with a little peer-pressure they would come up with a
POV-interface... But I don't think that many in the POV-Ray community
would actually buy one. <WILD IDEA>Maybe a lot of people could pool
ther financial resources, buy one ore moore and create a communal
render-farm...</WILD IDEA>

Happy New Year to everyone.)
Sven-Erik Andersen
----