POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found : Re: Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
From: Ken
Date: 20 Dec 1999 08:40:13
Message: <385E2B9A.1E6BDC25@pacbell.net>
Steve Martin wrote:

> > You can probably blame me for that one :)
> >
> > I posted a link to your site on the povray.org links page within 19 min.
> > of your announcement.
>
> Ken:
>
> Just for the sake of those (like me) whose NG server seems to have
> dropped some messages, can you tell me what site you're talking
> about?

You NG server has nothing to do with it. You most likely have an expiration
time set for news group articles in your news reader program. The groups on
this particular server are not set to expire any message and all that have
ever been posted here are available for review.

> I'd like to check out another MPEG encoder, one that can
> handle PPMs, as I'm not happy with the quality I'm getting from the
> Berkeley package, but I never saw a message with the site URL.
>
> Thanks.

This is Dick's original post:

I have png support added to mpeg2encode, and have it recompiled as a Win32 console
program.  You can fetch it from here if you'd like:

http://www.buckosoft.com/gallery/tools/mpeg2/

I still haven't got a decent mpeg2 out of it yet, either underruns or overruns;
so many parameters to tweak, so little time.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !